Pure Storage soars to new performance high with 700% growth in 2013
Thu 10 Apr 2014
Company Achieves Significant Milestones Ahead of Schedule, Sees Extreme Uptick in Customer Adoption of All-Flash Storage Arrays Over Disk-Based Solutions
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — March 11, 2014 — Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage array company, today announced a year of unprecedented growth. Among its many achievements in 2013, Pure Storage grew by 700 percent year over year in 2013.
“We set extremely ambitious sales and product development goals for 2013, and I’m pleased to report that we exceeded them all,” said Scott Dietzen, CEO of Pure Storage. “This is a testament to our company’s ability to execute and the fact that enterprise flash adoption is occurring even more rapidly than analysts predicted. We helped accelerate this trend by delivering the resilience, cost-effectiveness and predictable performance that enterprise customers need to deploy flash broadly.”
Since Pure Storage announced a $150 million venture financing round in August, the largest ever in enterprise storage history, the company achieved several significant milestones in 2013:
• 700 percent YoY revenue growth
• Achieved greater than 50 percent sequential growth quarterly for entirety of 2013
• Deployed 10+ Pure FlashArrays at multiple customer sites, creating “>1PB club” (in terms of usable flash deployed)
• Grew the customer base YoY by 650 percent
• 99.999 percent availability across the entire customer base
• Shipped the 1000th Pure FlashArray
• Tripled channel reach and productivity to include a multi tiered network of over 200 partner organizations signed and on-boarded worldwide, sourcing 40 percent of new business
• Recognized by Gartner with its Cool Vendor Award 2013
• Saw 45 percent of bookings come from repeat customers
• Opened offices all over the world, including Germany, Netherlands, UK, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, as well as major cities across the US
Building a Customer Centric Storage Company
Since its release of the FlashArray, Pure Storage has innovated new business practices that flip tired sales and service norms on their head, replacing them with innovative offerings that put the customer first. These innovations include:
● The introduction of Forever Flash, revolutionizing the way customers purchase and maintain enterprise storage;
● The introduction of the Love Your Storage money-back guarantee;
● All-in pricing for hardware and software, which adds complete transparency to storage ownership cost calculations;
● Unprecedented ease of installation and maintenance, such that most Pure Storage installations require no training, no forklift and no professional services.
As a result, Pure Storage set an industry record for customer satisfaction, in excess of 95 percent. Two Pure Storage customers, USF Health and Investec Asset Management, have experienced the following benefits since deploying their Pure FlashArrays:
“At USF Health we are integrating research, education and health care to improve lives. The faster the access to information that we can provide to our doctors and scientists, the better the outcomes,” said Tim Brumgard of USF Health. “As soon as we made the leap to Pure Storage we saw dramatic improvements in application performance. With Pure Storage, the improvement in latency was instantaneous and gave us a 1000 percent decrease in average latency—2000 percent during peak times. We’ve reduced our EMR backup times from eight hours down to two hours and improved operational efficiency for capacity and feature expansion. Our FlashArray enabled us to raise the bar for how we serve our community.”
Investec Asset Management
“Investec Asset Management provides specialist investment management services worldwide. Making the move to an increasingly virtualized environment placed loads on our storage capacity that our old SAN could simply not bear. By changing to Pure Storage, we were able to do a number of things that simply were not possible before,” said Dave Comben, head of IT Infrastructure Services at Investec Asset Management.
Comben adds: “The Pure Storage FlashArray allowed to us to replace all of our physical servers with virtual servers, which was not possible with our old SAN. It has also enabled us to start deployment of 200 shared desktops, which we could not even contemplate before the Pure Storage FlashArray arrived. We cut our hardware space requirements by 80 percent and improved load times by 10 percent, all of this while simplifying management and supporting up to 600 users—four times what our old system could support. Quite simply, Pure Storage has turned storage on its head.”
Doubling Down on Executive Leadership to Drive Growth
In two concurrent announcements today (Pure Storage Appoints Industry Veteran Michael Alp as Vice President of Asia Pacific and Japan; Pure Storage Strengthens Leadership Team to Accelerate Growth in EMEA) Pure Storage also announced it bolstered its executive leadership internationally to continue its record setting pace of growth. The company appointed new world-class talent in APJ and EMEA to further accelerate the adoption of Pure Storage around the world. The following new personnel bring collective experience from Cisco, Veritas, EMC, Violin Memory and Commvault:
• Steven Rose, EMEA Vice President for Pure Storage
• Michael Alp, APJ Vice President for Pure Storage
• Carlo Wolf, Director of Central EMEA
• Peter Gadd, Director of Northern EMEA
About Pure Storage
Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage company, enables the broad deployment of flash in the data center. When compared to traditional disk-centric arrays, Pure Storage all-flash enterprise arrays are 10x faster and 10x more space and power efficient at a price point that is less than performance disk per gigabyte stored. The Pure Storage FlashArray is ideal for high performance workloads, including server virtualization, desktop virtualization (VDI), database (OLTP, real-time analytics) and cloud computing. For more information, visit www.purestorage.com.
Connect with Pure Storage:
Read the blog: http://www.purestorage.com/blog
Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PureStorage
Visit on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PureStorage
Watch our video: You Know You Want Flash, Right?