Panduit Launches FlexCore™ Optical Distribution Frame
Press Release by Panduit Data Centre Infrastructure Mon 4 Jul 2022
- Shallow-depth front-access cabling solution offers the ultimate in flexibility, manageability, scalability, and security
- Potential Floorspace reduction of 50%
- 30% Faster Moves, Adds and Changes
London, UK, 4th July 2022 — Panduit has announced the new FlexCore™ Optical Distribution Frame [ODF], a versatile front-access cabling system that provides improved protection for critical fibre connections. Utilising innovative cable management and simple, intuitive cable routing, the FlexCore™ ODF simplifies and reduces time for moves, adds, and changes. With standard doors with locks and optional locks for each enclosure, the FlexCore™ ODF solution enables multi-tiered security an important addition for multiple client access.
The FlexCore™ ODF system can manage up to 3,168 fibres per frame, making it easy to create multiple configurations using just three modular building blocks. This flexibility allows for design customisation and scalability while optimising both product availability and system density. Compared to typical data centre cabinets, FlexCore™ ODF can reduce floor space in a data centre by 50%*. In addition, with side panels and doors with locks, the FlexCore™ ODF solution allows the system to be completely enclosed and secure.
“As the value of each fibre circuit rises exponentially and networks continue to densify, data centre managers who demonstrate greater scalability, agility, and resilience will gain a business advantage,” stated Stephen Morris, Panduit Senior Product Manager. “FlexCore™ delivers on all those fronts with its unrivalled manageability, scalability, fibre circuit protection, and security features.”
Panduit FlexCore™ Optical Distribution Frame offers multiple advantages over existing products:
- Highly intuitive cable routing paths remove guesswork and prevents ‘rip and replace’ costs
- Innovative cable management and lockable vertical cable manager doors eliminate circuit risk and downtime
- Up to 3,168 fibres per frame when using standard 24 fibre cassettes
- Data centre floor space can be reduced by 50%*
- Simplifies and reduces the time for moves, adds, and changes (MACs)
- Multiple form factor (width) cassettes optimise rack space across wider applications
- Patch cords consolidated to a single length – freeing up capital locked in maintaining inventory
- Multi-layer security with lock capability available at both 4RU enclosure and ODF doors
For more information on the FlexCore™ Optical Distribution Frame, please visit www.panduit.com/flexcore-odf.